There are numerous activities for the entire family on Kaua'i. The following is just a list of the most popular:
For an active vacation (golf, golf, golf, and more!)...
- Golf at several outstanding courses:
- Poipu Bay Resort near the Grand Hyatt, only 5 mins. away with a Grand Slam championship golf course
- Kaua'i Lagoons Golf Club, 2 courses, 10-15 mins. away
- Kiahuna Golf Course, across the road from the Kiahuna Plantation
- Princeville Resort, 27 hole Makia courses and the Prince Course (rated #1 on Hawai'i)
- Grove Farm Golf Course at Puakea, 10-15 mins. away
- Municipal Course at Wailua (excellent)
- Free Tennis across the Road at the Kiahuna Plantation Tennis Club
- Boating/snorkle trip to Napali Coast (a must!) on a large comfortable boat or a zodiac raft. (4-5 hours)
- Hiking/horseback riding at various locations all over the island including Waimea
Canyon (the "Grand Canyon" of Hawai'i)
- Surfing on the North Shore (whether you surf or just like to watch)
- Snorkeling and body boarding at the Kiahuna (equipment available for rental at the Kiahuna beach)
- Canoeing or kayaking on Wailua River or North Shore
- Helicopter rides over the North Shore
- Luaus, there are several
- Helicopter tours of Kaua'i's majestic scenery inaccessable by auto, providing memorable views of Napali Coast and Waimea Canyon
- Scuba diving excursions
- Various secluded beaches
- Botanical Gardens
- Wailua River tour boats to the Fern Grotto
- Touring the local art galleries on the island, like Hanapepe
- Our favorite, laying by the beach under the palms at the Kiahuna Plantation beach
- Farmer's Market every Monday in Koloa; fresh local produce, fruit, and many native flowers
- Spouting Horn blowhole, just a few minutes away. Local merchants sell Hawai'ian jewelry, artifacts, etc. at reasonable prices
- Shopping and sight-seeing in Old Koloa Town
- Tours of the plantation by Gaylord's Restaurant (brunch and dinner served)
- and of course, many fine restaurants for the gourmand
It's all in the preparation...
- The Offical "101 Things To Do" Guide on Kauai - an indispensable gude!
- Other Activity Ideas
- Snorkel Bob's: Call ahead for your snorkeling and boogie board gear
- Capt. Andy's for great sailing tours, Na Pali,Poipu, Whales, etc.
- Having "some romantic evening": Several secluded beaches can be found after a short hike. Some of these locations were used during filming of South Pacific, Jurassic Park, the pilot of Gilligan's Island, and many more.